Tuesday, July 2, 2013

MP3 REVIEW: Audio Disease "Can't Believe In Love" [single]

             “Can’t Believe” In Love” by Audio Disease has a hard rock verse pattern that can sometimes make you think country, but mostly it made me feel like I was rocking.  The chorus kicks in fairly heavily (for rock) and I finally find a band after many years of searching to draw a comparison with Lorene Drive (Whatever happened to them?  I loved that one album they had) 

            The chorus sets us up for some faster vocals with the lines “I can’t believe in love when it hurts this bad/the pain I felt is the best I’ve had”, which is simple in the sense that it can be relatable but not simple in the sense that I’m going to start comparing this band or their lyrics to, say, Hinder.  (Are they still a band even?) 
            We also get a lot of the guitar chord starts and stops, which I will always remember best being displayed by Prevent Falls and, well, I can’t get enough of that short lived band or those crunchy, crunchy chords.

            So let’s see: We have two bands, one I know doesn’t exist anymore and one I’m not sure what happened to, but still, two of my favorite bands from the early ‘00’s that are presumably no longer around and they both come out in this song.   (Who really cares about Hinder?)  So, yeah, I would say that this is one of those bands that should be on your radar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment